Monday, May 28, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches #338: Keeping It Simple

I realized late last evening that the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge (#338) would be closing today which didn't leave much time to create a card.  So instead of spending time pondering how to "wow" up a card I decided to keep it simple and take the sketch exactly as it is.  This was a great sketch to work with; thank you Kim.



The DP is is actually plain black & white, so I used a Distress marker to add touches of pink.  I like the little accents of color so I might try this again with a different layout.


Thank you for stopping by.  
Carole 

Stamps: SSS - Beautiful Words
Card stock: MFT - Grout; Bazill - Dawn; My Minds Eye DP - Meadow Lark
Extras: Lucy's Cards sequins; black thread, Kaiser Craft rhinestone; Distress marker - Spun Sugar.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be in the running to win the FMS challenge Carole - this is just gorgeous. I love how you've spot coloured some of the paper and the touch of twine and pink sequins are the perfect embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful mix of colors and patterns - so soft and lovely! Thank you for playing along with use at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete