Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A touch of music ...

It's so rare that I get to post one of my cards that has turned out just as I envisioned it.

I believe this card goes back to a Less Is More challenge in August which called for neutrals or maybe browns.  I found this one stuffed under my grid pad and there were brown die leaves and several different punched flowers in Soft Suede.  I'm thinking it was the flower that stalled this card originally but since I don't have that barrier, I quickly saw this card another way. 

I really need to take a photography class because I can't seem to capture cards very well.  Plus my lighting still isn't right, no matter how many blogs I read that share how they set up their light boxes.  LOL  What doesn't show up in the photo is that the music sheet is flowing out of a tear in that top layer as are the die and leaves.  In the photo it looks like its all just plopped on top of the card.

I tried to use Certainly Celery card stock for the leaves but it was very over-powering so I dug through my scrap drawer and found some DP with various shades of green; it works perfectly. The little flower was made using SU's new small scallop punch (I believe its 1.25 inches) which is really a great size for making this type of a flower.  The card stock, leaf and banner dies, sentiment and EF are all SU as well.  The music stamp is from Stampendous and I hope it's not upside down.  For that matter I have no clue what that song is and I hope Gretchen doesn't know how to read music or else I might be a bit red in the face when she gets this card.  The bitty bits of pink bling are from a flower pack that SU had on special this last spring; I gave the flowers to a friends daughter and kept the bling. The lengths I go through for my bling addiction ...... so sad. 

So yet another card that was started and set aside is complete. 

Thank you for stopping by ... I hope to get home at a decent hour tonight and begin visiting all the people I follow. 


Sunday, October 28, 2012


This card was originally a one-layer-card for one of the Less Is More challenges in September or October.  The theme was wings; or at least I think it was. 


Since I obviously didn't get the card posted by the deadline, I decided to cut it up and made a layered card.  I have to admit, I do this to all my OLC challenge cards.

I used Pool Party, Soft Sky, Lucky Limeade and Certainly Celery for the colors.  I think there might even be a bit of Cool Caribbean in there.  The dragonfly was stamped in Versafine Black first; then the Penny Black script background stamp was added using VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder.  I dabbed the background stamp with the VersaMark instead of inking up the whole thing so only a partial image would take. Once the BG was dry I added the various colors and some ultrafine black glitter to the dragonfly (which makes it pop very nicely IRL) and that was pretty much the original OLC.

This version is mounted on Pool Party card stock.  The sentiment was cut from Stampin Up's Bitty Banners die and then gently inked with a hint of color. 

Thank you for stopping by.  I have several more cards that still need a bit of work; in all cases I can't remember what my original idea was so I'm muddling through to get them finished.  LOL


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Card Candy Creations

My friend Linda and Stampin Up! demo over at Olive Stamps had a class last month called Card Candy.  This was a really fun class where we made embellishments to be used to make our own creations at a later date.  The class is more to make these card candy sets to give away to friends so they can make their own designs with the candy. 

However if I did that to any of my friends (except Linda) they'd just hand it back and ask me to do it for them.  LOL  So I saved us all a step and below are the cards I made from the Card Candy stash.

I admit that I blew past this set when the catalog first came out, but I love it now.  It really makes for soem very CAS cards.

All supplies are Stampin Up with the exception of the big pearl on the second card.  Bling and pearl were colored with Sharpie markers. 

The worst of the budget season is behind us now and I have actually been in my craft room for two days sorting through all the cards I've started over the last two months, but didnt' get around to finishing, or posting.  So there will be a burst for posts for the next week or so as I finish up those cards and try and figure out which challenges inspired them. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope everyone is well.