Sunday, May 20, 2018

Color Throwdown #493

I have wanted to make a card using a sentiment word die that is stacked for some time.  I finally purchased a die a few weeks back and this is the card.  This card is for Color Throwdown Challenge #493 which this week is to use aqua and lime and white. 






I really liked how it turned out so I'll probably make more of these in different colors.  

Distress inks Tumbled Glass and Twisted Citron were used, with just a touch of Mermaid Lagoon on the very edges.  The BG stamp is SSS Flower Medallion with Hero Arts white embossing power on Neenah Solar White card stock.  After blending, I cut out the "thanks" die which is from My Favorite Things, glued the main image to the base which is Bazill's Crystal Blue card stock.  Then the "thanks" was cut out three more time in the Bazill; the letters were all stacked and glued then added to the card.  I used a sliver of the Bazill to stamp "So Much", added a good number of Kaiser Craft rhinestones and called it done.

We're having thunder storms today (not severe) so I had to place the card right on the window ledge to get a good picture.


I'm going to curl up with a book for the rest of the day and enjoy the quite.  

Thank you for stopping by.
Carole

2 comments:

  1. Super use of the die and the card is just wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful use of the color combo, carole!

    ReplyDelete