Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Fab Friday and Melon Mambo!!

When I saw this week's Fab Friday #138 Challenge included Melon Mambo, my favorite hot pink, I had to jump in!

I love the way it turned out. 





There are lots of layers here, starting with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set which was stamped with Versamark, I then poured Melon Mambo embossing powder over the ink, shook off the extra, then poured Iridescent Ice embossing powder over the Melon Mambo.  Just a bit of the II stuck, but it was enough to give it come sparkle.  

The next layer was SU's new shimmer paste using a stencil from Prima.  I love this paste, and though you can't tell from the picture, it shimmers beautifully.  

The Flourish Thinlit die set came next, using vellum card stock, Whisper White and Melon Mambo.  I only have the markers in Powder Pink and Flirty Flamingo, and that is what was used to color in the flower/buds which were also given a layer of Wink-of-Stella.   

The frame used to gather all the elements is from My Favorite Things and three were cut and layered so it pops up without dimensional's.  However the three buds on the end of the two stems do have dimensional's popping them up.  Lastly "Thank you" from the Gift of Love hostess set was stamped with Melon Mambo; then sequins from a "extra packet" that came with a sweater I bought at Christmas, was just the right color and added touch.

My apologies for the bad lighting, which is doubly sad because this card just shimmers so nicely in the light.   

Hope you all have a great week.  
Carole

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a lovely flourish-y and textured card in our pinks! I love all the detail, especially the EP - really sets everything off! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layered card with wonderful textures. Love the sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty! The layering and collage effect are perfect. Great design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! And I bet the sparkle IRL makes it even more so! I love all the layers and textures and how you wove the die cuts through the frame. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete