Wednesday, May 9, 2018

CAS Christmas May Challenge

This card is for the CAS Christmas May Challenge.  

Have you ever messed up a card, but didn't actually realize it until you were too far into the process to correct the problem?  That's this card.  

This was supposed to have been a shaker card.  I laid down all the foam tape around the back of the die, sprinkled in the sequins and snowflakes, carefully ripped off all the tape backing, laid the base down on the die/sequins, then picked up the card only to see the acetate still sitting on the table... along with all the sequins!  The acetate was never on the back side of the die, it was on the front.  I just stood there and laughed over the fact that it never registered in my brain that the acetate wasn't under the foam tape.   

So I improvised and this is the result.  



Thankfully I have a lot of snowmen stamps so maybe I can take another go at this challenge this weekend.  

Hope you all have a good evening and/or day.

Thanks for stopping by.
Carole


Glitter paper by Stampin' Up; die and sentiment by Memory Box; felt My Favorite Things; bling on hat is unknown, bling buttons Kaiser Craft; sequins Lucy's. 

PS:  Darnell - If you stop in, I am tapping into all my NBUS like crazy.  Do you still do the NBUS challenge?



8 comments:

  1. I've done the same thing, Carole! LOL, shaker cards can be trying! I love, love, love your snowman die cut with his handsome hat! You got the look of a shaker! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm so glad it's not just me, great recovery with the card he looks so sweet and the glitter paper is a perfect replacement for the shaker beads and sequins. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know they say there's a fine line between laughing and crying, so it's always nice when we can be good sports and laugh at our bone-head moves in the craftroom! I've done it many times! I never would have known this was intended as a shaker though, Carole! Him looks so stylish and cool with his schparkly surroundings of the finished design! Great save! And, no, I don't do the NBUS Challenge any more. It just seemed to have run its course and once that door closed, the Twofer challenge idea blossomed so it's all good. I do still encourage the Twofer participants to combine the two and use their NBUS, but it's not a rule. I congratulate you on being diligent about using yours!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaker cards can be tricky, and I think you've recovered beautifully, Carole! Your snowman is so sweet and I love your sparkly background...or should I say 'snowgirl' with those pretty pink accessories!
    Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Christmas Challenge ~ Barb GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out adorable Carole! I have made many mis-steps when making cards, but have never ended up with one as awesome as this in the end. Your way of working around the missing acetate is genius. Love all the sparkle and shine and bling. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we've all done things like that. lol Yet your mistake resulted in a very beautiful card! I love that snowman frame, the pops of pink and all that sparkle! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've done that too! Nice recovery though - your made a fabulous card. Love the glitter paper for the background and the way you did the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I never would have thought this was a shaker originally. Great recovery, Carole! I love how the snowman blends into the frame and he's wearing a cool hat and a cute scarf! The layout is fantastic too. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete