Saturday, July 26, 2014

Two Birds, One Card

Over at Less Is More the theme this week is "Anything Goes" in honor of  Chrissie's birthday.  First I'd like to wish Chrissie a Happy Birthday .... but since it's Saturday 9:30pm here and 3:30am Sunday in England, I think maybe it's a belated HB now.  :)

This little card is for LIM and The Card Concept which is a color challenge this week using aqua, white and lime.  I finally broke down and bought some sequins from Lawn Fawn and Verve and the color challenge was a perfect way to finally use them.  I think I went a bit overboard but ehhh ....



I used my current favorite little birds from Mama Elephant with a Memory Box HB die.  The lime is Luscious Lime from SU which retired long, long ago.  I have half a pack left and horde it like crazy; no scrap it too small.  The aqua blue is Bazzil and the birds are colored with Copics.  I put Wink of Stella on the birds and the word "birthday" so this really has a fun shimmer to it. 



Thank you for stopping by ~ Carole


A bit of fun here ....
After deciding what challenges I was going to attempt today and gathering the supplies, I walked over to my craft table and started to shove the last mess to the side so I could start on the card above.  Though I may not always post a card, at least once or twice a week I start a card with the intention of playing along.  Below is the disaster area known as my craft space.  This is my main working area where I keep everything but my cutting machine and dies.  There are easily half a dozen projects in this mess.  Either done, almost done, tossed aside because it was awful or tossed aside because I messed it up. 



The mess in the window seat is overflow from when I couldn't force another square inch of space from the craft table.





So before getting started today I took about an hour (maybe more) to clean my craft room!!!  I put everything away and it felt so nice to work in a clean space without stepping on containers and other junk that had no business being in that area. Ahhhhhhh  .....



 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm SO proud of you for that mahoosive cleanup, Carole! I know that messes happen all the time to us and I'm guilty of it, too, when I'm on a roll, but nothing feels more creative and freeing to me like stopping and putting it all the heck away and starting over with a clean slate.

    Your birthday card could not be any more adorable! Just perfect for the LIM challenge! I have that word die and it's NBUS, of course, so I'm appreciative of this inspiration! Great use of the new sequins, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a star for clearing up like that, you put me to shame. My son comes in my craftroom and says" I thought you were going to keep this tidy!" Cheek!!!
    Great card by the way, I love the colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your little birdies !! Great card and I have become a follower of your lovely blog !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable - I love those cute little birds and your colours look great:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome use of the colors- love your birds too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute card, carole... those little birds are too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright and cheerful card, the birds are TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this card and it brought a smile to my face. As for your craft space, again I chuckled thinking how often I move things aside so I can make one more card. Today I spent over two hours cleaning my mess. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole...aren't these colours gorgeous as is your card. But I'd like to give you a blog site to join is if you'd like when I read about your desk...http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/whats-on-your-workdesk-wednesday-268.html Here at Julias we post photos of our desks on Wednesdays and then have a snoop at others..it's just a bit of fun. Anyway I like your style and these words dies are on my wish list. Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love those colours Carole!
    Please could you come and work on my craftroom next?!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see I'm not the only one that has this problem with my craft space. It's amazing how fast it can get a little out of control...haha. So glad you were able to find a clean spot so you could play along with us this week. Your card is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow.
    Thanks for the birthday greeting Carole, I was en route to Spain on the day and they are an hour ahead of England, so I guess it doesn't matter what the time is as long as the greeting is sincere !
    This is a super card and your clean up was most impressive... I did have a small effort in my own space before I left for my holiday!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete