Monday, July 28, 2014

One more for the road .....

One more card this week before I head into the month end financial close process. 




The Colour Me! challenge this week included gold, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, black and a neutral.  I made one card already and while cleaning up the leftovers it hit me that I could make a completely different card with all those pieces.  The first card has a black base so instead of loading down this one with a ton of color, I picked one bit from each color and let the frame and sentiment do the rest.

I'm also going to add this card to this weeks Less is More challenge since the theme is anything goes.  With the ton of white space on this card it's a must.  :)




I'm not terribly pleased with the "hello" die cut, it's too cartoonish for the geometric feel of the diamonds.  Too bad it's glued down and not taped, I'd be able to peel it off and use the gum eraser to clean up any stickies, then find a better sentiment.    Oh well.  No bling or sequins on this one but I may revisit this at a later date since I like the layout of the diamonds. 

Have a great week ...
Carole



10 comments:

  1. Wow am I glad you stopped by, Carole!! This card is gorgeous! Love those diamonds, and the glitter is just what they were looking for [but I don't have!].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You really hit this one out of the park, Carole!!! Totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your diamond decoration is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card for our challenge! This is a great die, I like that you turned the color scheme (or the weight of the colors) around and created another card that looks so different from the first one. Thanks for your second entry into Colour Me…!

    Julia
    CMCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever Carole - love how you got two totally different looking cards using the same bits and pieces! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week. Joanne CCMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolute winner!! This jumped out at me when I looked at all the other entries. I love geometric cards, so this one is wonderful. Its very clean and modern and a definite must for the Less is More challenge, they will love it there too! Thanks so much for your comments on my card too. It just must have been one of those challenges because I know of two other crafters who struggled with this one as well (and had lots of bits visiting the trash...). Yours is certainly worth all the trouble!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and striking, love it!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Striking, fabulous and fun
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
    This is terrific use of that die Carole.... super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning design! Love the colors and gold :)

    ReplyDelete