Friday, August 12, 2011

Red White and Blue

This weeks challenge at Less Is More was to use the colors of your national flag. In my case the American flag and its proud red, white and blue. I love my flag, its beautiful. However as much as I love our flag and think it is wonderful, those colors should only be used on a flag. They look awful on anything else. (personal preference speaking)

I would say it's impossible to make a decent card with RW&B but the fabulous examples submitted for this challenge by the other ladies would disprove that statement. So what I will say is that I can't make RW&B cards and would rather they give us another acetate challenge. **sigh**

So keeping that key word "challenge" in my head I tackled this bad boy. On Saturday I was pretty pleased that I actually come up with a card that wasn't too bad. However, when I went to post it someone else had one so much like it and it was SOOO much better that I tore it apart and started all over again.
... and again
... and again

My only proud moment is right now, because I did NOT give up. As much as I hated this challenge, I did it. The cards suck and will hit the trash bin as soon as this post is completed, but I did it. So here are my attempts at the challenge. The first card is the fifth or sixth generation of the original and the second one is one of the several attempts at not using the stars. This challenge was a sinful waste of good paper. :(





6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole
    Your cards are always fabulous
    i love your style
    Thanks so much...you just made it lol
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, no, don't trash them! They not only have the colours of your flag, they also showcase first the stars and then the stripes! I think they're very imaginative and very striking!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't give up Carole, shows the stuff you're made of!
    I do agree that these particular colours are really difficult to make into a card, but you have done a brilliant job! I love both of these!
    Well done you!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to confess that I was grateful my flag has a few colours in it besides red, white and blue! LOL! You, however, are selling yourself short as these are both gorgeous CAS cards. I especially love the first one because I'm a sucker for anything with stars on it and also that dry embossing rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry i missed these last week, they are fab cards and I hope they are not in the bin now!! I agree it's not an easy colour trio to put on a card but the stars and embossing work brilliantly on the first card. I think you spotted the trick to use a white background and a hint of the rich red and blue.
    Great job for not giving up :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete