Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eating Crow ...


This past week Splitcoast Stampers has been holding their Annual Dare To Get Dirty Challenge Week. Thirty eight (38) challenges over the course of a week hosted by current and past Dirty Dozen members. Its a fabulous way to spent a week especially if you are lucky enough not to work, or can take the time off. Unfortunately June/July/August are incredibly busy for me at work so I'm playing catch-up today and tomorrow. Needless to say I'll be lucky to finish maybe three or four challenges before Monday's cutoff, but if I combined a few challenges I might just get in a good 40%. :)

So now to the eating crow part:
I hate one layer cards. I suck at OLC. They never sparkle, say "wow" or even garner a "ohhhh". I never like the way they turn out and to be honest, I'm simply not talented enough to pull them off. OLC are the HARDEST to make in my opinion. So here now is a OLC that I just finished and for once, I absolutely love how it turned out. Its very plain but I think it works; more so IRL because the embossing doesn't stand out in the picture. So I guess I now have to say I suck at one layer cards 99.9% of the time. LOL!!

I embossed the image using SU!'s Chocolate Chip craft ink and clear embossing powder (lord only knows how I managed to get it centered); pulled out my re-inkers and colored away. Low and behold, the first OLC that I can truly say I like. :)

Thank you for stopping by, as always its wonderful to hear from old blog friends and new ones alike.

PS - Would have loved to have had this stamp for last weeks Less is More challenge; unfortunately it didn't arrive until yesterday.

Carole

Supplies:
SU! Faith In Nature
SU! Inkers: Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Early Expresso ...

6 comments:

  1. ummm, this is fabulous and you ROCKED the OLC! I have a hard time pulling them off and making them look some what decent, but YOU have no issues my hear! You rang that bell! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sophisticated! I have a lot of difficulty with CAS cards, too, but then when they work you can feel ten times as proud lol! Lovely card!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted the same comment on SCS, but this card is truly elegant. I love it !

    This is the first time that I have visited your blog, and I'm so pleased that I did.

    TFS x

    Cal (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so... i don't think you need to buy any talent from me, silly girl! your card is absolutely fabulous and a piece of OLC perfection!! (thank you for the sweet comment, though... i have a big silly grin on my face right now.. hee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, this is an absolutely perfect example of a OLC!! Everything you do is stunning and I am in awe of your talent!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous card this is :O)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete