Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice... Ice... Everywhere

There are perks to being frozen in and it's called card making. I save/reclaim three hours a day by working from home and not trekking into the office; and I've been putting those hours to some fun use.


This lovely card is for my best friends birthday on Saturday. The original design is by Linda Keal who graciously allowed me to case this beauty. Her original Nested Box and cards can be found here. I used Linda's box design as the card. I changed the hearts to a flower and added a bit more SU! News Print DP and added a scalloped card base. I tried to get a shot of the inside, but the following picture was the best I could do.

Thank you Linda for letting me case this gorgeous design.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bliss and retired French Script; Verve Big Wish
Paper: SU! Concord Crush, Very Vanilla, News Print DP
Extras: Imaginisce flower brads; jewelry hemp, Spellbinder dies (flower, base and inside swirl)



This second little card is for yesterdays SCS sketch challenge #318. I bought this lovely little stamp about a month ago planning to use it with Memory Boxes' Gossamer DP. Roxy's sketch was a perfect fit for this stamp and the matching DP. There is really nothing to this card, just some layers and a little water coloring; add a little ribbon and bling and it was done. The added plus was I didn't rip this one apart two and three times trying to "get it right". LOL


Supplies: Stamp and DP: Memory Box
Card Stock and Ink: SU! Razzleberry, Pirouette, Always Artichoke, Kiwi, Celery, Mauve Mist, Whisper white
Extras: Stickles, Kaiser Craft Rhinestones, SU! ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Carole, your card is stunning! I love the flower too! Thanks for sharing your rendition with me! I hope your friend enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole

    Two gorgeous makes .. .. particularly love the first one. I think it is because I love purple and that flower is just stunning.

    Lovely work.

    Off to look at Linda's version now.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love then both! I love how you say on the second one "there is nothing to this card" - I would say that there is a ton to this card - your creativity and skill in combining paper and a beautifully watercolored image!!

    ReplyDelete