Saturday, April 2, 2011

Daffodils - A Happy Flower



Most who know me know I do not like the color yellow. Never have. So creating with yellow is a huge challenge for me. Be that as it may, when I saw the sketch challenge at Clean & Simple Stamping blog I knew exactly what I wanted to make .....right down to the yellow.



This came together really fast and was so easy; I watched a Harry Potter movie while making it. Well I suppose I should say listened to a Harry Potter movie because my vertigo is acting up and TV watching makes it worse. :) Anyway, I grabbed the Yoyo Yellow, some scrap Whisper White; a big scrap of some really old SU DP (at least I think it's SU) and a few punches. The leaves were made using one of Martha Stewarts punches. The flowers were made with SU!'s Boho Blossom and Itty Bitty Shapes punches. I cut the main panels and edged the green frame layer with Pear Pizzazz. After punching out the flower pieces, I sponged the edges with Yoyo Yellow. Using my stylus tool and mat, I formed the small flower into a bowl shape and dropped a spot of Stickles in the center (Orange Peal). Once that dried I put it all together and took a nap. LOL

Of the few yellow cards I've ever made in my life (this may actually be only the second one) I have to admit I really like how it came out. Since yellow is my Mom's favorite color, I think I might remake this one as a Mother's Day Card. It's not fancy, but I know she would appreciated the flowers. She loved her yellow daffodils and filled the flower beds of my childhood home with them each spring; along with white calla lilies which are one of my favorite.

Thank you much for stopping by.


Stamp set: SU! It's Your Birthday
Card stock: Whisper White; Yoyo Yellow; unknown dp
Ink: Yoyo Yellow; Pear Pizzazz
Other: Stickles (Orange Peal); Martha Stewart and SU! punches

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you all the way on this one. I really dislike yellow, but I really love how your card came together. How creative to get daffodils out of these punches!! I will be CASing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this daffodiles are so great

    thanks for inspiration - :-)

    yellow as its best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation the daffodil look great

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete