Friday, September 23, 2011

A Masculine Birthday Wish - LIM#7




This will have to be my final entry for the this weeks Less is More challenge. My mom is here for a visit and I've been sneaking into the craft room for three days to make cards whenever she gets distracted. Not a very good way for me to spend time with her. I'll make it up to her over the rest of the week. :)

Anyway, this lovely card came together so nicely and quite by accident. I was tossing about in the scrap bin and put the center oval to the side to see if I could make use of it. A bit later I tossed the die-cut to the side (where it landed on top of the oval) and thats when I saw that the two together looked rather nice. The center oval is a scrap of some unknown DP (wish I did know because it is lovely); the black die-cut is by Memory Box. The sentiment panel was cut from a piece of scrap using Old Olive along the inner edge before I removed the Spellbinder die to give it some depth. The sentiment is from SU! called Sincere Salutations and it is popped up on dimensionals.

So I guess since this one is scraps, I can submit this for Jules Sunday Snippets as well.

I've decided this is a nice masculine card, good colors and not too fancy but with just enough flare to keep it from being too plain.

So good luck to Mandi and Chrissie; I'll try and check back in before I head out tonight and hopefully the 1000 mark will be met.

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Carole

    Enjoy your time with your Mum

    BIG Thank you!
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That die cut is simply tremendous!
    Love to mum!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous - love the background paper, and that diecut is stunning! Perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Carole! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - that die cut is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole

    How fabulous is this?!?!?!

    I love the swirly die on top of that gorgeous oval snippet.

    I was a bit worried you were going to be trying to do the whole 1,000 entries for Chrissie and Mandi yourself !!!!

    Hope you are having a good time with your Mum and thank you for sharing so many lovely makes this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three wonderful snippet makes Carole but I think this is my favourite, love the ornate die cut it works so well with everything else. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is simply elegant and gorgeous too! Where are you when I need ideas for something simple and lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete