Monday, September 24, 2018

Pink Painted Poinsettia

This card is being submitted for this week's CAS-usal Friday's Challenge: #208 Sequins.  Though the challenge title contains the "CAS" acronym, the instructions were "There are no genre restrictions for this challenge. Link up your clean and simple designs or layer it on -- the choice is yours." So I decided to layer it on for this one.  




The poinsettia is from Stampin' Up (Joyful Christmas) and the sentiment is The Crafts Meow (really old set so I don't have the name).  

I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, WOW Ultra Fine Gold embossing power and Lucy's Cards sequins.  The card stock is SU Melon Mambo and Bristol Smooth 100lb paper.  The sentiment was heat embossed on vellum card stock, which is the only thing about this card that is bothering me.  The vellum looks very gray, in the picture and IRL; I might redo that sentiment strip with the Mambo, or try something else.  But, yes, that strip is really bugging me.  

Thank you for stopping in.
Carole

3 comments: