Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Sail Away........

This card is for the Addicted to CAS Challenge #139.  The theme this week is Girl Power.  While the card doesn't actually have a female on it, the sentiment is the Girl Power element for this card.  The card does have a few elements but I hope it is still within the challenge rules.  



Two SSS sets were used here, the first is Sailing which is the water and the boat, the second is Sail Away which is the sentiment.  The cloud die is also SSS called Cloud Bank.  

I like cards with dimension, which is the reason for the die cut clouds instead of just stamping out clouds from another set.  The water was stamped on a separate piece of card stock, roughly colored in with SU markers, then fussy cut and trimmed down (the stamp actually has 9 waves).  The clouds were cut twice, then glued together and 2 of the 6 clouds were trimmed away.  The sailboat is colored with SU markers, listed below, then popped up with dimension tape.  

I haven't added any Wink of Stella, but I'm thinking about it.  However, I really like how this card turned out so I may not do anything else.

Thank you for stopping by.  
Carole

  

SU Markers: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Barely Banana, So Saffron, Hello Honey, Strawberry Slush.    

3 comments:

  1. This resonates girl power to me, Carole! It's sensational! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. +





    This sentiment is spot on for our code word "Girl Power". I'm like you, I like to add a little Wink of Stella however in this case I think your card is perfect without it. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, I agree with Darnell - this sentiment resonates with me, too. I love your clouds and your wonderful little boat. So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete