Saturday, June 16, 2012

Casing Linda

This beauty was cased from a lovely card made by  my friend Linda Keal, over at Olive Stamps, for a class she held a few weeks back.  She hasn't posted it on her site or at  Splitcoast so I'll try to describe the couple changes I made.  Since it's only a few it should be easy.

The changes:

Replaced Wedding Sweet stamp set with Bliss;
Used two ribbon leaves insead of four;
Added pearls to the flower centers;
Changed the sentiment;
Changed from a single layer base card to a raised panal on the base card. 

Basically, at first glance one might not be able to tell Linda's lovely creation from this one.  Other than I think her flowers turned out much nicer.  :)

I especially love this card because of the pink flowers.  Linda's rarely uses pink and this one just jumped right out to me.  :)






Whenever I'm in a jam for a card I run over to Linda's blog and see what she has that I can case.  I always let her know I'm casing something she has made; and in fact that is how we met and became friends.  If you get the chance, please drop by Linda's blog .... Olive Stamps .... and take a look at some of her other beautiful creations. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Bliss; Teeny Tiny Wishes; Clearly for You (stamped on the Pool Party C/S)
Ink: Crumb Cake; Pool Party; Early Expresso; Regal Rose
Card Stock: Crumb Cake; Pool Party, Regal Rose
Embellishments/tools: Ornament punch; Striped EF; pearls; vintage ribbon; hemp twine



2 comments: