Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sunday Snippets - Week 9


I'm a bit late with my snippets card(s) this week and I still have two more to finish. The following cards are for a fun challenge that one of the wonderful blog ladies I follow has set up for herself and invites anyone to play along. If you pop over to Always With A Heart you'll find some fabulous creations that Jules makes from her snippets (or scraps).

The cards I'm posting tonight have a bit of a story behind them. My BBF, Laurie, is one of the biggest fans of my cards. I think I could give her the ugliest card on the planet and she would still love it. Truly an amazing and loving friend. Well this last weekend, she and her girls went to Michael's and bought me several packs of stickers. They were so excited to gift them to me to use on my cards. I squealed with delight, thanked them, hugged them and gushed over the stickers a few more times before their visit ended. The problem is, I don't use stickers, never have. I really don't care for them to be honest, but I refuse to hurt their feelings so I have set myself to the task of making a set of cards to give to them for their use. :)

The first card posted is the one I actually like the most, It came together in about 10 minutes and most of that was looking for the right color of card stock in the scrapbox. It's 5x5 and has a birthday verse on the inside. I used Spellbinders for the frame and the bling is from Close To My Heart. The scrap is Orchid Opulence (I think) and the stickers for all four of these cards came from a set made by Punch Studio.






The card with the birthday cake is A4 size. I used Cuttlebugs Happy Birthday embossing folder in the bottom layer, and framed the sticker with Pretty In Pink for the frame. The ribbon is scrap so I know not where it came from, and the bling is Close To My Heart.

The two gift cards are 3x3 and have simple Spellbinder frames in Pretty In Pink and I think Marina Mist. Again, everything is scraps so I have to guess at the colors. :)

Thank you for stopping in.

7 comments:

  1. You did SO well with these stickers!! So much wonderful white space to highlight them. I don't have a sticker in my house - but you almost make me want to go sticker shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Carole

    You did really, really well this week.

    You are brilliant with snippets and well done on using up the stickers.

    Quite a few folk are starting to take part in using up their snippets so I am thinking of perhaps adding Mr Linky or something to the bottom of the snippet post as I am worried I might miss sharing someone's creations.

    I hope all is good with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from Jules, great cards, lovely designs with those stickers.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi . . . visiting you from Jules Snippets Post. Love what you've made.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! They are perfect sticker creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are really lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they are fabulous. I love every one of them. thanks for sharing

    ali x

    ReplyDelete