Sunday, May 20, 2018

Pretty Pink Roses

My card for this weeks CASE(E) This Sketch #272:



About the card:  The card was made using scrap bits I keep in a bowl on the craft table.  This bowl contains die bits and stamped pieces that were intended for cards that I probably couldn't execute the way it was envisioned.  Sadly that happens a lot.  The bits used for the card below were intended for a color challenge that closed before I could pull the card together, that's how the bits ended up in the bowl.  

Not so sure I've captured this challenge in the right way; looking on it now, it looks like there is supposed to be one focal point with the other elements more in the background.  Add to that the huge sentiment stamp I tossed into the middle and well, it got pretty busy and not so much on track with the sketch.  However, this card was inspired by LeAnne's lovely sketch, so here it is.  



Another Blond Moment:  So I have to tell the story about posting this card.  When I jumped over to CTS to copy the IP address for this current challenge, I became a little confused because when the blog popped open there was my card from the last challenge.  Of course as usual not all cylinders were firing in my brain, and I thought I had opened my own blog so I close the window and tried again but there was my card.  My next thought was that I had somehow managed change the IP address for CTS, under the bookmarks folder, to my own blog.  Mind you the CTS blue and white header was right there, plain as day; but, nooo my brain does not make the connection.  I was just about to close the window again when it hit me.   O.M.G.  My card from last week was selected!

Needless to say I was thrilled especially considering the other gorgeous entries.  So a big Thank you to the Design Team at CAS(E) This Sketch for choosing the pretty poppy card.  

Thank you for stopping by. 
Carole

The Bit Bowl:  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Me=Grateful 
Card Stock: SU! Melon Mambo, 140lb water color paper (which has its own story that needs to be told)
Dies: Memory Box Pennington Rose Corner/Blossoms
Markers: SU! Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Melon Mambo, greens (don't remember which ones) 
Embellishments: Wink Of Stella, sequins

1 comment: