Wednesday, May 30, 2018

As You See It Challenge #176

This card is for a challenge called As You See It (Paper Mosaic #176) which this week was a sketch.  The final card is a flip of the sketch, however that wasn't actually intentional.  



The DP is called Meadowlark made by My Mind's Eye; though it has probably been in my stash for a long while, I love it and am glad to be able to finally use it. This DP was used on a card last week so there were scraps to spare and, thankfully, the page with the bird was still intact, and could be used for the background.  Because the paper is so neutral, I decided to use Daffodil Delight card stock to backup the sentiment (Altenew) then followed that up with matching cross stitching for the embellishment.  I like how this card turned out and will use the sketch again for other scrap cards.   


Here is the story on how the card was flipped.  When participating in a sketch challenge, I print out the sketch and tape it next to my craft table so I can refer to it while working.  I was either not paying attention or was in a hurry, and hung the sketch upside down.  As it turns out it worked perfectly for this card because of the placement of the bird on the DP;  but I can't honestly claim I flipped it intentionally. To the left is a picture of my craft table and the sketch hanging on the wall.  

It wasn't until I jumped over to the blog to grab the IP address that I realized my card was upside down.   


Thank you for stopping by.  
Carole 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Carole, this paper is gorgeous and coordinates perfectly with both the bird and the sketch challenge! No worries with it being upside down. You have artistic license to do just thaT! I love the accents of Daffodil Delight! They really pop next to the black, white and grey! So happy to have you join us at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, I'd say your flip was serendipitous because the result if fantastic. I love that you've used neutrals and popped it with Daffodil Delight. I think the DSP is just delicious and the whole result is amazing. So glad that you found us and joined us this week at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, so beautiful! You always had a flair! Love the touches of yellow/gold on your black and white card! Glad I caught your work this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your AYSI shout out this week Carole - your beautiful card is stunning and the flip of the design couldn’t have worked better for you! Love the pop of yellow and cross-stitch detail too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete