Monday, May 14, 2018

Blue Gray and Yellow ...... Less Is More

My submission for this weeks Less Is More Challenge; using the colors for the challenge logo.  






Using an old PTI die, I cut out some Neenah Solar White card stock then used the "frame" as a stencil to lay down a a side-by-side row of paste.  I wanted to use the paste for the white diamonds to give it a different texture, which doesn't come across in a photo, but does had a really nice look and feel IRL.  

While the paste dried I watch a movie and colored in a few of the diamonds using Copic markers, then grabbed what was left of the frame to line up and glue down blue, gray and yellow diamonds.

I was trying to go for a random diamond pattern. It wasn't quite working so the sequins were added, which I think helped random it up a bit more.  

Using the same gray card stock that is the base card, the sentiment was embossed with white powder then popped on using foam tape.  




Thank you for stopping by.
Carole


Supplies:
Stamps: Impression Obsession - You Made My Day
Card Stock: Neenah - Solar White, SU! - Smokey Slate
Copic Markers (C1, Y11, B00); Taylor Made Squins; Ranger Paste; Hero Arts White Embossing Powder (my personal favorite).

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful graphic card. Great idea to add texture with the paste. Love how you did the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design. Love the way you've used the challenge colours here and left some of the shapes white. A great design for guys too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I love how the little diamonds and wonky sentiment give it more movement. Great for men too. Bravo on your win!

    ReplyDelete