Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!!

I asked Darnell if she was still hosting the NBUS Challenge, but she said it had run its course and was now supporting a new challenge called Twofer Challenge. So I headed over to this new challenge and decided to jump in and play along.  Below are my submissions for the May Twofer Challenge.  


The first card is a CASE of a lovely card created by Laurie Schmidlin for Spellbinders.  Her card is here.  


Due to the size of the butterfly and to retain the overall feel of Laurie's card, I made this card size A6 instead of the normal A2.  I added a vellum layer to soften down the background stamping a bit, and went a bit overboard on the sequins.  The butterfly is glitter paper colored with Copics.  



The sympathy card base is a very soft blue/green, however it looks a bit gray on my computer.  The butterfly was colored with Copic markers and the background was stamped using VersaMark and left to dry.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.  My son is treating me to a nice dinner tonight.  Until then, I think I might take a stab at the current LIM challenge.  

Thank you for stopping by,
Carole



Supplies:  
Stamps - SSS Beautiful Day, Clearly Besotted - Mixed Sentiments, Impression Obsession Sympathy Sentiments; PTI Turning a New Leaf
Dies: Memory Box- Devonshire Butterfly, My Favorite Things - Stitched Ovals  
Card Stock: Neenah Solar White 110lb, Bazzil Sea Breeze


4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful butterfly cards Carole! Love the design with the butterfly stamped background softened with the vellum layer. Your glittery butterfly is gorgeous! And your second card is soft and delicately coloured. Perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your delicate butterfly looks fabulous on both cards! Bright and glittery on the Mother's Day card and soft and serene on the sympathy card!
    Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring and your designs really make that beautiful butterfly die come alive on your cards, Carole! These are both sensational! The first is a great CASE of Laurie's card (I like the sequins) and the second has lovely details while still being peaceful! I am glad you came to play in Twofer Card Challenge #5 in place of NBUS! And, of course, I still love when I see anyone using NBUS on their cards! I hope you had a marvelous dinner out with your son!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Twofer Carole ..... the butterfly die is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete