Sunday, May 20, 2018

Picket Fence

For Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #337.




The sketch this week is wonderful and has tons of possibilities.  Unfortunately I was so blown away by the Design Team's wonderful creations that everything I came up with was just blah.   

Which brings me to my card.  After hours of trying to make this work, I finally reached out to a friend for some suggestions/input on what is not working (as in the whole darn thing) but she loves it!! So no help there.    

So it is what it is even if I'm not completely happy with it.  I'll probably try to execute the idea again in a couple days and it may or may not get a better 2nd life.  I'm sure once I sleep on it I'll figure out what I need to do to "fix" it.  Or it will just grow on me, which sometimes happens.  I guess I'm my own worse critic.      

The card is made entirely from scraps.  The flower die, I believe, is Lawn Fawn and the sentiment is My Favorite Things.

Thank you for stopping in.
Carole


3 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love your take on the sketch! That fence and the flowers are so sweet and I love the background paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fence scene with its sweet flowers and pretty colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your hm at freshly made sketches... I think your take on the sketch was very clever!

    ReplyDelete