Sunday, July 15, 2018

Lonely Cactus....

My submission for this week's Fusion Challenge - Cactus Door.  There are some pretty amazing submissions this week as well as the gorgeous cards created by the design team.  I chose to go CAS with this card and kept it to the sketch, colors and the cactus.  






I spent a good amount of time looking through every one of my stamp sets and found only one that had a succulent.  Can't believe with the gazillion sets in that craft room that this was the only one that had a cactus.  

Starting out, the left side of the card panel was painted with Americana Decor chalk paint using white, green and teal.  I wanted to carry the shapes of the door panels into the card but not add more color, so using TCW's stencil Mini Labyrinth plain white texture paste was layered on.  

The cactus is from Paper Smooches and is part of a set that spells out LOVE so using only the stamp with the cactus, the letter post was cut off and substituted with a bit of SU Really Rust card stock shaped into a pot, then brushed the edges a bit with Versamark to give is some depth.  The cactus was stamped out and colored with Copic markers (BG13, BG11, BG49) several times, then the smaller one was cut out, rounded and then popped up on the main image.  I tired to take a close up picture of the cactus to show how its rounded but its really hard to capture (see below).  The sentiment is by SSS called Happy & Smile.   

The card stock is Neenah solar white, SU Really Rust, Bazzil Blue Oasis and the DP is by Authentique (Spring time).  The enamel dots are from My Minds Eye which I thought about doing in the color of the lights hanging around the door, but decided to keep them in the same tones as the rest of the elements. 


This is the close up of the cactus which has been rounded to give it dimension.  


Thank you for stopping by.  I'm off to finish up another of the several cards I have been working on this week.    

Carole

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used and the embossing paste is perfect! Sweet card! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through your blog and I am loving your style. I love cards kept clean and you are a champ! xx

    ReplyDelete