Monday, June 11, 2018

Color Throwdown #496 - Black White and Aqua

For this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge #496 and just getting it in at the last minute.  



When I saw the color combination for this weeks challenge, I got a huge smile in my heart.  The first thing that came to mind was a long gone "In Color" from Stampin Up called Cool Caribbean!  When the color first came out, every card I made for months was using those three colors.  I could not get enough of the basic B&W with the Cool Caribbean.  There is something very fresh and clean about the combination.  I still have several packs of the the card stock (which I hoard) but the ink has sadly dried out.


  

The card has no stamping, only dies, with ink used just for the circles and sentiment.  The inks were Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon (just barely) blended on Neenah solar white card stock.

The main image die cut is SSS Drifting Stitched Circles; the sentiment is from Create A Smile.  The black enamel dots are from My Minds Eye.  

This has to be the truest CAS card I have produced in a very long time.  It took about 20 minutes to create and that time includes pulling out the supplies and fussing with the gluing of the two part sentiment.  
  

Thanks for stopping in and Happy Monday!
Carole     

3 comments:

  1. Sweet CAS design and yes...I'm another big fan of Cool Caribbean! Thanks for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful CAS card- great use of the colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous clean and simple design, carole!

    ReplyDelete